We have known of friends or customers who religiously stick to their weekly beauty regimes at home. The regime starts from doing their own exfoliation or scrub, to putting on cream or paper mask. Some are even diligent enough to put on a paper mask everyday at the end of the day, just to make the skin look fresh and hydrated the next day. To these beautiful ladies out there, how about adding a Peel into your routine, just to better enhance what you have been doing so far?
Differences between a scrub and a peel
A scrub exfoliates your skin mechanically by means of friction, as its texture is usually gritty. It is effective for deep cleansing of your face and removes black heads at the same time. A peel, on the other hand, is usually watery or gel-like in consistency. It contains a lot of active ingredients such as fruit acids or enzymes, and is great in dissolving dead skin cells, unclogging pores, smoothing and softening your skin.
Both peel and scrub are sure ways to bring an immediate radiance back to your face. They effectively get rid of dead skin cells and unclog pores with impurities.
Benefits of Peeling
- Stimulates collagen and cell regeneration – Peels remove dead skin cells effectively, and therefore make way for new cells growth, which results in radiant complexion
- Treat hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles – Peels remove several layers of skin build-up and congestion thus can get rid of the roots of the problem such as hyperpigmentation.
- Treat acne – Acne is usually caused by bacteria spreading on the skin. Peel is a great way to kill these bacteria, and will clear up skin in the long run.
- Improves skin’s tone, clarity, color and texture
- Reduces skin imperfections or visible scars – Thanks to the boosted collagen, new cells are regenerated to “hide” scars
- Better absorption of your other skincare products – peels allow other products to penetrate deeply into your skin since they can remove layers of dead skin cells
Too much of something is not good. Peels are not to be used too often. For normal skin conditions, once or twice a week is good enough. For acne skin, 2 to 3 times is reasonable.
Our newly stocked Wine Peel is a new concept of hypoallergenic peel that is suitable for all skin types. You do not need to rub or scrub, just leave it on overnight, and you will wake up to sleek and smooth skin the following day.