All of us ladies want a set of long, luscious and healthy eyelashes. However, not all of us are blessed with such eyelashes. We find ways and means to lengthen and/or curl. There are actually some rules we can follow to take care of our natural lashes, and even, to grow them naturally.
Little Facts about Eyelashes
- Besides looking good, eyelashes actually protect our eyes from foreign bodies. They stimulate the blink reflex (which is protective) when they sense something near the eyes.
- A lash can last about three months before falling out. And it takes two months or more to grow out completely.
- Eyelashes fall out naturally on their own once their life cycle have finished, very much like our hair.
- Do you know essentially we have the same number of eyelashes throughout our life?
Dos and Dont’s
- DO NOT rub your eyes
- DO NOT tug at your eyelids nor pull out your eyelashes
- DO NOT sleep with mascara on your eyelashes
- DO NOT sleep with false eyelashes on
- DO NOT share false eyelashes with friends
- DO proper removal of mascara (especially waterproof mascara) by using appropriate makeup remover and cotton bud to slowly and gently remove them
- DO use eyelash conditioner, which usually contains biotin or keratin as well as moisturizers to strengthen and moisturize
Diet that encourages natural growth
Now that we are aware of the dos and dont’s to our eyelashes, let us take a look at how we can change or involve some food to our daily diet to naturally lengthen our lashes.
Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, they support the overall health of hair follicles and stimulate eyelash growth. A perfect combination of protein and fish oil, salmon keeps hair healthy.
2.Biotin / Vitamin H (found in cauliflower, liver, peanuts, avocado, pork, raspberries)
An important source of vitamin to keep nails and hair healthy. They are also responsible for lengthening, strengthening and making eyelashes thicker.
3.Iron (found in liver, spinach, oysters, red meat, egg yolks, clams, scallops, prunes)
Iron reduces “the risk of brittle lashes” which means it reduces the chance of eyelash loss. It also stimulates new eyelash growth.
4.Folic Acid (found in milk, whole grain cereals and legumes)
The amount of folic acid in your system will determine the chance of brittle and thinning eyelashes. It also ensures the nice and dark melanin color of your eyelashes.
5. Vitamin B (found in egg yolk, vegetables and organ meat)
The outstanding Vitamin B6 of the Vitamin B family assists in hair regrowth. It also helps to avoid thinning of eyelashes, and helps in melanin production.